Apple watches which have been gold plated tend to cost a minimum of $10,000 if you buy directly from Apple, for the 18 carat gold edition. So instead there is now the option to purchase a DIY kit for $100 which also entails a step by step guide to this cheap solution to gold plating yourself with 24 carat gold. This is a much more cost effective option than sending your Apple watch back to Apple to do it for you which costs at least $400. There are also other benefits from the DIY set – for example, you can touch up gold plated areas once they begin to fade or show signs or wear and this can be done at your convenience, too.
If you are wanting a product plated then there are lots of different options for you to mull over. These include electroless nickel plating, diffused nickel plating, copper plating, tin plating, nickel boron plating and nickel diamond plating to name but a few.
The Pros of Plating
- Improves the quality of your components
- Improve the surface
- Protects the component from wear
- Increases the levels of hardness
- Induces self-lubrication
- Reduces the wear of a friction in a component
- No chipping or flaking like with other top coats like paints of lacquers
- Lower porosity
- Less prone to staining
- Pit-free deposits
- Hard deposits
- Very uniform thickness
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Doesn’t have to be extortionately expensive
- Marine corrosion resistant (DNP)
- Sub-sea protection (DNP)
- Salt spray resistant (DNP)
- Protects ferrous and non-ferrous surfaces (TP)
- Increases performance (TP)
- Increases durability (TP)
- Non-toxic (TP)
- Resistant to fretting (NBP)
- Resistant to galling (NBP)
- Resistant to abrasion (NBP)
- Ductile (NBP)
- Solderability (NBP)
- Performs well at high temperatures (NBP)
- Increased thermal transfer (NDP)
- Conformity to complex geometry (NDP)
- Can be applied to all common metals and alloys (NDP)
- Can cover entire surfaces of specific targeted areas (NDP)
- Are used by a number of industries, such as power, telecommunications, medical, marine, army, aerospace, motor, etc.
us are leading specialists in the plating industry. Based in Derbyshire, England, we specialise in electroless nickel plating but offer a wide range of other techniques too. Our aim is to provide a high-end but cost effective service for you. We have extensive experience working in a great number of sectors including the automotive, aerospace and military industries and are proud that we can offer our services to the entirety of the UK, France, Holland, Brazil and Germany.
Contact us Today
If you are interest in finding out more about electroless nickel plating, diffused nickel plating, copper plating, tin plating, nickel boron plating or nickel diamond plating, then why not call us today on our phone number or alternatively you can email our staff at us at email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you!