When considering a plating method, there are lots of options you can consider. Here at NiTEC, we are experts in electroless nickel plating and consider the process superior to many other coatings on the market.
There are many advantages to electroless nickel plating that in our opinion make it a cut above the rest.
For example, electroless nickel:
- Allows the deposit to coat a variety of surfaces, many of which would be difficult if not impossible to plate using the process of electroplating.
- Is a very cost effective solution to coating metals such as mild or stainless steel.
- Can substantially extend the life of a component.
- Produces a metal layer with a very even thickness over all surfaces of the component, regardless of its shape or dimensions. This means that there is little or no excess deposit at high points on the component.
- Deposits of electroless nickel have excellent physical and chemical properties, including hardness, wear resistance and lubricity.
- Creates a uniform coating that makes it ideal for critical high-end engineering items, especially those used in the defense, automotive, healthcare and aerospace industries.
- Has a high level of corrosion resistance making it perfect for extending the life of anything that it coats. This makes it the perfect solution for parts that are exposed to harsh environments such as the marine, oil, gas and defense industries.
- Because of its ability to extend the life of components due to its high levels of corrosion resistance, electroless nickel coatings can reduce the cost of repair and replacement parts.
- Prevents the formation of rust on a component, therefore preventing the parts around it from rusting too.
- Tight manufacturing tolerances can be achieved with an electroless nickel coating because of its ability to deposit nickel evenly on the surface of a component
- Can be used to improve the surface of a component so that it is back within the specified tolerances.
- Provides the surface of the component with a surface layer that allows post finishes to be carried out effectively.
- Has self lubricating properties which reduce the wear of a component through friction, creating minimal coating weight loss.
- The use of electroless nickel on a component creates a coating that will not flake or chip off like some paints and lacquers will.
- Can be hardened up to 950vhn with the appropriate heat treatment.
Choose electroless nickel for your metal plating needs by calling the NiTEC team on 0845 224 3571, email firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch via our contact page.