Nickel-PTFE combines the engineering properties of nickel with the lubricity of polytetrafluoroethylene.
Just like standard electroless nickel, the Nickel PTFE deposit occurs as a result of an autocatalytic chemical reaction which allows a reliable, repeatable coating of uniform thickness. This coating makes it possible to coat parts with sharp edges, seams, threads, deep recesses and complex shapes.
During the plating process, the PTFE particles become embedded throughout the deposit of nickel. The unique composite of Nickel PTFE allows for renewed polytetrafluoroethylene at the surface of the component, even as the coating wears. The chemical process involved in the production of Ni-PTFE coatings means that the PTFE is uniformly dispersed throughout the nickel deposit in order to ensure optimum performance in high friction and non-lubricated applications.
Features of Nickel PTFE Coatings
- Long life lubrication
- Dry lubrication, reducing sticking and galling
- Good mold release, eliminating spray releases
- Uniform coverage, particularly good for complex shapes
- Can be heat treated for increased hardness
- Good for hign friction applications
- Natural lubricity eliminating the need for standard lubrication
- Moving parts such as slides and bearings work with improved efficiency and quieter operation
If you are looking for a nickel coating that combines the lubricity of polytetrafluoroethylene with the hardness and corrosion resistance of electroless nickel, NiTEC can help. Call us on 0845 224 3571, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the contact page on our website to make an enquiry.