Nickel coatings are often used on various parts of aircraft due to its fantastic properties of corrosion resistance and hardness. Needless to say, the Aircraft industry has an ongoing need for nickel plating.
Electroless nickel plating is used in the Aircraft industry to provide:
- Corrosion resistance at high temperatures to protect airfoil components from erosion and abrasion.
- Provides a coating that will allow high nickel/chromium alloy parts to be joined by brazing or welding.
- To repair worn or damaged components so that they can continue to be used rather than scrapped.
Electroless nickel coatings have been used on the following aircraft parts:
- Bearing journals
- Servo valves
- Compressor blades
- Turbine blades
- Engine shafts
- Engine mounts
- Landing gear
- Hydraulic and manifold systems
- Gyroscope components and optics
For more information about the use of electroless nickel plating in the Aircraft industry, please contact the staff at us on our phone number or email: email@example.com